Uses for TRILIPIX® (fenofibric acid) delayed-release capsules1
- TRILIPIX should only be used when other measures, such as diet and exercise, have not been enough.
- TRILIPIX is a prescription medicine used to treat cholesterol in the blood by lowering the total amount of triglycerides and LDL (bad) cholesterol, and increasing the HDL (good) cholesterol. You should be on a low fat and low cholesterol diet while you take TRILIPIX.
- TRILIPIX is also used along with diet to lower severely high triglycerides. Improving blood sugar control in certain people with diabetes may prevent the need for cholesterol drug therapy.
- TRILIPIX has not been shown to lower your risk of having heart problems or a stroke.
Important Safety Information for TRILIPIX1
- TRILIPIX should not be taken by people with liver, gallbladder, or severe kidney disease, nursing mothers, or those allergic to any product ingredient.
- TRILIPIX can cause muscle pain, tenderness or weakness, which may be symptoms of a rare but serious muscle condition called rhabdomyolysis. In some cases rhabdomyolysis can cause kidney damage and death. The risk of rhabdomyolysis may be higher when TRILIPIX is given with statins. If you take a statin, tell your healthcare provider.
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Some people require blood tests to check for kidney problems while taking TRILIPIX.
- TRILIPIX can cause liver problems. Blood tests are needed before and during treatment with TRILIPIX to check for liver problems.
- TRILIPIX may cause inflammation (swelling) of the gallbladder or pancreas. Contact your healthcare provider if you experience abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting.
- TRILIPIX may cause serious allergic-type reactions, blood clots, and possible changes in some blood test values.
- If you are pregnant or may become pregnant, talk with your healthcare provider about TRILIPIX. It is not known if TRILIPIX will harm your unborn baby.
- The most common side effects with TRILIPIX include headache, heartburn (indigestion), nausea, muscle aches, and increases in muscle or liver enzymes that are measured by blood tests.
For more information, talk with your healthcare provider.
Reference: 1. TRILIPIX [package insert]. North Chicago, IL: AbbVie Inc.
Please see the full Prescribing Information for TRILIPIX and discuss it with your doctor.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA.
Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
If you cannot afford your medication, contact www.pparx.org for assistance.
*Eligibility: Available to patients with commercial prescription insurance coverage for NIASPAN, TRILIPIX, or TRICOR who meet eligibility criteria. Copay assistance program is not available to patients receiving prescription reimbursement under any federal, state, or government-funded insurance programs (for example, Medicare [including Part D], Medicare Advantage, Medigap, Medicaid, TRICARE, Department of Defense, or Veterans Affairs programs) or where prohibited by law or by the patient’s health insurance provider. If at any time a patient begins receiving prescription drug coverage under any such federal, state, or government-funded healthcare program, patient will no longer be able to use the NIASPAN, TRILIPIX, or TRICOR Savings Card and patient must call Customer Service at 844.415.0681 to stop participation. Patients residing in or receiving treatment in certain states may not be eligible. Patients may not seek reimbursement for value received from the NIASPAN, TRILIPIX, or TRICOR Savings Card from any third-party payers. Offer subject to change or discontinuance without notice. Restrictions, including monthly maximums, may apply. This is not health insurance. Please see full Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- Please submit the copay card authorized for all commercially insured patients by the patient’s primary insurance as a secondary transaction to Customer Service.
- When you use this card, you are confirming that you have not submitted and will not submit a claim for this prescription for reimbursement under any federal, state, or government-funded healthcare program, such as Medicare (including Part D), Medicare Advantage, Medigap, Medicaid, TRICARE, Department of Defense, or Veterans Affairs programs.
- Pharmacists with questions, please call Customer Service at 844.415.0681.
If you have any questions about AbbVie’s TRILIPIX.com website that have not been answered, click here. This website and the information contained herein is intended for use by US residents only, is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended to replace a discussion with a healthcare provider. All decisions regarding patient care must be made with a healthcare provider and take into consideration the unique characteristics of each patient.